Monday, 9 January 2012

DIY project: snow globe

Remember my ikea haul? So these are what the bottles are being used for.

So basically, I used a acrylic sealant to stick the figurine to the cap of the bottle.

Spice jar from ikea.


Before I stick the figurine, I screwed the cap tight, made a mark with my thumb as seen in the photo. That would be used as my "front", so that when I screw the figurine tight, the figurine would be at the "front". I'm not sure how can I explain this step, the picture could probably do the explanation better.

Baby oil, another alternative to baby oil would be distilled water with a teaspoon of glycerin.

Also, you will need some glitter. These are the glitter i used for my nails on my previous post. Link can be found here.

This is optional. From daiso. $2sgd

This is how it looks like, so if you want your bottle to look pinkish, you can either get a pinkish tint bottle, or, simply add more pink glitters.

This is the sealing tape, I think the brand is turbo, no other packaging came with it. Im not sure where can you find this, Im guessing any hardware/art store. I found this lying around the storeroom rotting away.

I used a sealing tape as a extra preventive measure against spillage.

You can see the white tape peaking put from the cap. This is when the ribbon would come in useful..

I added some more stuffs to the bottles, I was rather dissatisfied with the results, and that might be blogged later. But if you like it simple, you can stop here. 

Till then! X

No comments: